Sunday, August 17, 2008

Waiting

In just a couple of days, two great friends will be here with me in Palestine. They are coming to see me, to see the place, to see the situation, and it'll be life changing for the three of us. We've all experienced imperialism and colonialism on various levels -- me a Palestinian living in the States, Angie a Hidatsa Mandan, and Lani, a Hawaiian. We will have the conversations and experiences of a lifetime.

I haven't been writing. I've been living -

spent some time in West Jerusalem among Jews who can't identify the arabic language when they hear it.

went to Majdal Shams in Golan Heights, Occupied Syria -- a most magical place. We watched the sunrise over hills in Syria while a fog bank came drifting in from the west like a gently lumbering giant.

speaking arabic like a champ, falling in love with this land, and the good and bad in it

wish i could live here forever.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home